Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Too much to do

Okay, so I find out I am definately not the one that should be setting up the blog site but it is my week. Maybe if I flub it real bad then I won't be "allowed" to arrange the site? Arg! (does anyone really run around shouting, "Arg?)

So, all these blogs out there and people are actually tracking ISPs? WOW, I never knew. My mind is a fog with everything I tried to do tonight on the blog. I hope the link works for at least the counter but we've had one and something inside of ME (not Carton fam) doesn't like the idea of being stuck with a schedule! Arg!

LEAVES everwhere. In the gutters, which are bursting, plastered on cars, like nature tried its own version of decopauge or maybe just a collage, all the leaves laid so precisely across the deck. Yellow leaves, red leaves, greenish and maroon tinted with green and yellow, yellow tinted red, green with burnished edges and golden middles ready to ignite a bushel of leaves! Too wet, too wet, too wet!

Clatsop County Matters today. It is a good day to find out why.

7 comments:

The Guy Who Writes This said...

I actually know two people who do say "arg", and I know one person who actually says "LOL." Yep, I shake my head, too.

IPs? Yes they can be tracked, but you can get little information from them. I was thinking I had people from all over the country checking in and then I realized that most locals who use dial-up or DSL have IP that show places like Gig Harbor Wa, Allentown PA, Cookamunga (or some stupid name like that) California. So I don't track them, but normally, but I do admit that I have a few written down just so I know when someone from an opposing team is in the room.

Anonymous said...

Guy is right, about the ISP--but it is useful in keeping track of your readership growth. I say that like my readership is growing... heh.

I go around saying "ACK"... does that count?

Undercover Mother said...

I just think it's interesting. I can't believe some of the places my readers hail from. What's even more bizarre is some of the search words people use that makes my site pop!

It also keeps me honest, so that I get back to the blogs I want to read but might otherwise neglect.

I go around saying "s*#t," does that count???

Anonymous said...

Just how is that pronounced, Carrie? :)

And I saw you trash talking my blog, girlfriend. PFFFT.

Undercover Mother said...

Wen: Well, if I have to misbehave to get your attention, then so be it.

I am still floating my idea for a "best Astoria building" and "most awful Astoria building" photo contest. Perhaps my seed will have some purchase on this blog.

Awaiting the next hot topic!

The Guy Who Writes This said...

So Sids and or Syds, I'm curious in what direction you plan on taking this blog? It will be a delicate balance for you not to shape the content of your forum if it is associated with this blog, unless you keep the blog away from opinions.

One of the folks on my forum shared an article that one of the Sids wrote on another forum back in 05. (F Lee should be an investigative reporter) Nice stuff, and I hope that sort of writing will happen here, mostly because I agree with your opinions. Besides, I have a lot of questions that I wouldn't pose here unless you opened that door.

I want to respect your intent.

Anonymous said...

Oh yes. My next big blockbuster will really rip the lid off of life in the county when I finally expose the amount of corruption in the Sunday Market and point out how organized crime has infilitrated the vegetable vendors and hotdog stands and has them in a stranglehold!